Our cancellation policy:
Up to 14 days prior to arrival no cancellation fee, 14 days to 4 days before arrival 50% of room rate, 3 days to arrival, no show, late arrival, early departure 100% of room rate. If the border is closed or travel warning level 4 for Austria is a free cancellation until the day of arrival. We recommend a Travel Cancellation insurance: European insurance.
With the European Insurence is cover in the event that you, as a (cancellation) insured customer, cannot start the trip because:
* You are measured for elevated temperature, even if a later test result is negative, or you have tested positive for COVID-19 without showing any symptoms.
* You develop COVID-19 symptoms.
* because a close relative or a person living in the same household falls ill with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required.
* because a close relative in the common household falls ill with COVID-19 and you therefore have to quarantine.
However, there is no cancellation protection if you cannot or do not want to start the trip because you are a risk patient or you are worried about contagion due to the increasing number of cases at the holiday location – also as a risk patient. All details can be found in the current link: European insurance.
COVID-19 Behavior rules at Hotel Schönegg
The Austrian government will do 65.000 weekly Corona-Tests just for employees and workers in the Hotel industry. With this, our employees will be checked regularly. For a safe and relaxing holiday please make sure to follow these guidelines.
Hotel in general:
- Every main point of the hotel will have a disinfectant dispenser installed.
- Please maintain a safe distance of one meter to other people.
- Renounce on handshakes while greeting.
- Our guest DON’T need to wear a mouth-and-nose protection/mask.
- You can however, receive a mask for the time of your stay at our reception, if you want.
- Please wash your hands several times a day.
- Please sneeze/cough in either a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Disinfection stands are located on each floor, at the hotel entrance and at the entrance to the dining room. We kindly ask you to disinfect your hands several times a day or absolutely when going to the buffets and the dining room.
- If possible, we ask you to fill out the registration form at home beforehand. You’ll get an E-Mail a few days before your arrival with link to that, along with some other important information about your holiday.
- Please remain a safe distance of one meter during your arrival to others guests, in case others guest are at the reception.
- All our employees will wear facial shields or mouth-and-nose protection (including in the service-area). Our guests don’t need to wear a mask during their stay in our hotel.
- The luggage and bags will be disinfected by us after every use.
- Upon arrival, our waiters will assign you to a table.
- Before attending to the buffet, you must disinfect your hands at a dispenser.
- Cutlery will be changed or disinfected regularly by our waiters.
- Families and befriended guests will be able to reside at the same table (even if not living in the same household).
- The hands should be disinfected at the dispenser multiple times a day.
- The one-meter safe distance is to be adhered.
- Stay is allowed at the bar itself.
Steam-Bath and Sauna:
- Due to the current restrictions and safe-distance-rules we are not allowed to use our Sauna. As soon as this rule gets lifted, it will reopen. You can reserve our sauna and steam-bath only for private use (living in the same household).
- With the guidelines and restrictions, all trips and wanderings require a registration at our reception.
- For trips into nearby territory you’ll find plenty of flyers and prospects at our reception, as well as wander-and bike-maps, bus-and train schedules, information about the cable railway etc.
NO obligation to wear a mouth-nose protection largely in public. However, there are – apart from events – exceptions in 3 areas.
Mouth and nose protection is still required:
- in public transport (e.g. train and regional bus, cable car to Rosshütte, etc.)
- in pharmacies and at doctors
- for services where the distance of at least one meter between the service provider and the customer cannot be maintained, provided that the risk of infection cannot be minimized by other suitable protective measures (e.g. plexiglass pane for pedicures)
- at certain events