For us and your safety !
We and our employees are tested for the Covid 19 virus on a 14 day basis.
Our cancellation policy:
Book without risk: In addition to our cancellation conditions (free cancellation up to 14 days before arrival), the following applies: In case of a travel warning for Tyrol or Austria, quarantine regulations in Austria or at your home, positive Coronatest or border closure a free cancellation is possible until the day of arrival. Any deposits made will be refunded.
There is no refund for meals not taken. We recommend the European insurance which include also a cancellation in case of Corona (includes Corona Symptones too). You find more information at the end of this page.
All other cancellation reasons:
Summer 2021 + Winter 2021/2022: Up to 14 days before arrival no cancellation fee, 14 days to 4 days before arrival 50% of the room rate, 3 days to day of arrival, no show, late arrival, early departure 100% of the room rate.
Christmas/New Year 2021/2022: No cancellation fee until 15.11.2021 before arrival, 16.11.2021 until 11 days before arrival 50% of the room rate, 10 days until arrival, no show, late arrival, early departure 100% of the room rate.
The site Dashboard Tirol – Covid 19 Dashboard provides you with information about the current situation and infections in Seefeld (click on communities) and the whole of Tirol. This page is updated daily at 08.30 h by the state of Tyrol.
COVID-19 Behavior rules at Hotel Schönegg
The Austrian government makes 65,000 Corona tests every week just for employees in the hotel industry. Our employees are also tested regularly. Martin and I have already received the vaccination. For our safety and for yours!
Our information is constantly updated.
A few days before your arrival you will also receive
an email from us with the latest information.
The following information is the current status.
For your trouble-free entry into Austria and your stay the following applies:
Tested (PCR – not older than 72 hours or antigen test – not older than 48 hours)
2 x Vaccinated (6 months after 2nd vaccination, Johnson & Johnson 1 x vaccinated plus 22 days)
Recovered (up to 6 months after the disease with appropriate confirmation or with proof of neutralising antibodies, which must not be older than 3 months).
If you have been 2 x vaccinated (Johnson & Johnson 1 x vaccinated plus 22 days) or have recovered, then you only need a mask in supermarkets and puplic places. Nothing else.
After your entry test has expired (48 or 72 hours, depending on the test, this is not necessary for vaccinated or recovered guests ), you have the following options:
- free self-tests are available in your room. You can do these very quickly and easily (after explanation, with or without supervision, or yourself in your room) and then use the QR code or form to easily visit coffee shops, restaurants, alpine huts, cultural sites and events etc. throughout Tyrol. This test is valid for 48 hours.or
- Antigen test at Seefeld railway station at cost price of € 4.50. No appointment necessary. This test is also valid for 48 hours and is also valid for all admissions throughout Tyrol.or
An Mouth/nose-mask or FFP2 mask (no test) is mandatory:
- in public transport, its surroundings + buildings (e.g. churches, train and regional bus incl. stops, cable car to Rosshütte, taxi etc.)
- in food retail trade (including sales outlets of food producers as well as petrol stations, tobacconists, etc. with connected sales outlets of food)
- In supermarkets, banks, post offices as well as pharmacies and doctors’ surgeries
- in general trade and business
If you do not have a mouth/nouse mask or FFP2 mask with you, you can obtain one at reception.
Hotel in general:
- Disinfection dispensers are installed in all important places in the hotel.
- Keep at least 1 metres away from other people (also at reception).
- Do not shake hands when greeting people.
- Sneeze / cough into the crook of your arm or a handkerchief.
- If possible, we ask you to fill in your registration data at home. You will receive an e-mail from us a few days before your arrival with a link and further important and up-to-date information about your holiday.
Restaurant / Breakfast / Dinner:
- Upon arrival, you will be assigned a table by our staff
- The distance of 1 m must always be observed
- Buffet cutlery and similar items are also changed or disinfected by our staff at intervals.
- Hands should always be disinfected at the disinfection stand, several times a day.
Steam bath + sauna + guided walks (summer):
We ask you to reserve our sauna and steam bath at the reception. Either at breakfast or 30 minutes before you want to leave. All persons living in the same household or on holiday together can use the sauna area together. For our guided hikes in summer, registration is no longer necessary.
At what age do children have to show a test result?
According to current information (28.4.2021), from the age of 10. This applies to entry, accommodation, catering establishments, leisure facilities (except outdoors) and events.
We take our health responsibilities very seriously for our valued guests and are convinced that you will spend a relaxing holiday with us at Hotel Schönegg as usual. These regulations are based on current information from the Austrian government. For this reason we reserve the right to make changes in the future.
Travel Cancellation insurance
Our European Insurence covers in the event that you, as a (cancellation) insured customer, cannot start the trip because:
* You are measured for elevated temperature, even if a later test result is negative, or you have tested positive for COVID-19 without showing any symptoms.
* You develop COVID-19 symptoms.
* because a close relative or a person living in the same household falls ill with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required.
* because a close relative in the common household falls ill with COVID-19 and you therefore have to quarantine.
However, there is no cancellation protection if you cannot or do not want to start the trip because you are a risk patient or you are worried about contagion due to the increasing number of cases at the holiday location – also as a risk patient. All details can be found in the current link: European insurance.